Tuesday, April 22, 2014

48 weeks: week 7


Here is the week 7 spread from the 48 weeks class. I really enjoyed adding a face to this one, but it was a process! Originally it was more colorful, but I just didn't like it so I painted over it with gesso and started again : -)  I used a stabilo pencil and activated it with more gesso and it gave me great shading. That trick I learned from Dina Wakley and it's funny how many times I go back to it!  I decided to leave her black and white as a contrast to the colorful background.  I loved the modeling paste through a script stencil in the background and highlighted those areas with Inka Gold. Doesn't it look cool on her face? It's like her thoughts are written on her face.

Close-ups:



1 comment:

Renee said...

She is an honest and open person....it's written all over her face. Love what you did with the touches of gold.